5 must have beauty items for your desk drawer
What beauty items should we keep in our desk drawers?
Busy professional women more than any these days have less time to spend on beauty routines, as much of their long working day is spent in a high-powered environment at work. This however does not stop them from ensuring that their appearance is always impeccable; indeed for any successful woman first impressions are important, helped by having the right beauty items to hand
Although we probably don’t like to think so,
[Tweet "our physical appearance is a significant factor in our interactions and success with others"].
Over the years I have developed a beauty régime that doesn't take too long out of my working day. I can complete the whole routine in 30 minutes to include washing my hair; a manageable style is a must so make sure the cut is professional and easy to maintain, applying my makeup and dressing for the day ahead! It has seemed like a marathon on occasion, but being well organised and knowing where everything is, provides the key to finishing on time.
My schedule can sometimes entail meetings that may include; an early breakfast, a business lunch or afternoon boardroom meeting, and then maybe having to go on to an evening reception. The demands of the working day mean there is little time to for the professional woman to spend on her appearance.
[Tweet "To help, there are some essential beauty items that should be kept close at hand."]
These will enable the busy professional woman to maintain a perfectly groomed look at any time of the day or evening.
The five essentials should include:
- A nail file - Essential to repair a broken nail as there is nothing worse than a torn or sharp nail to wreak havoc on a new pair of stockings or spoil the look of a perfectly groomed hand.
- A signature perfume - This provides an instant pick me up, it refreshes you, makes you feel good and it also makes a personal statement, reflecting your mood and personality. Aroma is a powerful thing that has an instant effect both on emotion and mood. Obviously in today's sensitive environments care has to be taken not to make it overpowering
- A lipstick - Even when there is no time to re-apply makeup, a coat or two of lipstick applied well, refreshes and brightens the appearance and provides a polished look. Depending on the colour it can also be applied to the cheeks for an instant blush.
- Pencil eyeliner – This can enliven and enlarge the eyes creating a just made up look and double as an eyebrow definer.
- Dry shampoo – This helps to reduce shine and adds body to limp hair, it is a quick and easy way to improve the appearance with little effort particularly when going out for the evening straight from the office or boardroom!
So what beauty items do you keep in your desk drawers?
Found that interesting?
Learn more about our services
Make your dreams a reality with a professional evaluation of your career to date.
The evidence is in. More women in your company can deliver 35% greater financial returns. (Catalyst)
Download and listen free podcasts
Menopause in the workplace In this podcast with Nicki Williams award winning author, keynote speaker and Founder of Happy Hormones for Life,...read more
How to Cultivate Empathy in the Workplace Nancy Milton, international business communications expert, keynote speaker and author, share some vital...read more
Taking Care of your COW Tanvi Guatam, international Personal Branding expert says there is a misconception out there that a personal brand is...read more
The importance of Hard Talk Dawn Metcalfe, author of Managing the Matrix and Hard Talk, shares with us tips to achieve the lasting communication...read more
When Does Female Rivalry Turn into Sabotage There’s a lot of stuff written on social media about female rivalry and competition between women. Some...read more
Goal setting tips to boost your career The happiest people are those that really love their jobs. Those that don’t, dread Sunday nights and...read more
How to Get Noticed by Head Hunters & Recruiters In this power coaching podcast, we're going to tackle one of the questions asked multiple...read more
LinkedIn lists almost 400 executive resume writers. Who’s top-rated? Who’s the best? Find and evaluate the best executive resume writer for you.read more
Relationship fluency is an aspect of life that most of us think is important at home. But as our workplaces are built on relationships, maybe we should consider relationship fluency in all parts of life. Esther Perel explains why.read more
World Menopause Day is about reducing the stigma around the menopause. It affects 50% of the world and as such it should be something that is dealt with clearly and openly in the workplace. So why is it still a taboo?read more