How to get rid of those self limiting beliefs! Push shuffle not repeat!
What is the connection between a cassette tape and a pencil?
Younger generations will not make the connection between the cassette and the pencil. But if you recall using a pencil to rewind a much used and even loved tape, then you will appreciate the metaphor. But do you do this to yourself even now, play the same excuses over and over again in your head, until the tape gets stuck and then you pick up your metaphoric pencil, rewind and start over?
[Tweet "Or maybe with an update in technology it's pushing repeat for your stream or downloads. "]
- I’m not…(insert adjective) enough
- I’m too (insert adjective)
- When (insert event) happens I will (insert action)
Do you feel stuck?
Here are 20 common self limiting beliefs that are stuck on repeat
- I’m not (thin, young, clever, qualified, rich, successful, likeable) enough.
- If I just do this I won't... (be rejected, feel unloved, be friendless, overlooked)
- When that happens I will be.... (loved, thinner, happy, successful, promoted)
- If he/she changes I will be ......
- I have to stay in the relationship because I can’t make it on my own.
- I can’t be happy until the relationship/career is different.
- If they/he/she really liked/loved me, they would .....
- I need to do more (xxxx) to be worthy.
- I don’t know what I want.
- It's selfish to put my needs before others’.
- People/I can't change....
- I’m responsible for other people’s happiness, and they’re responsible for mine.
- I don’t deserve love, success, money, friends, a good career etc.
- If I pursue my own interests, my relationships will suffer.
- I don’t have time to care for myself.
- It’s too late for me to find love/a relationship /a new job
- If I speak my mind, I’ll be rejected.
- My career/home/ relationship should be better
- If I'm too happy I am setting myself up for disappointment
- If I don't do this he/she won't be happy
A belief is defined is an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof.
How do you know that you have a self-sabotaging belief? Generally if you pursue a course of action that leaves you dissatisfied, guilty, sad, disappointed, "less than" and unfulfilled, it is definitely worth thinking about. [
Tweet "So get out of your thought rut and push shuffle not repeat"]
[Tweet "Is it time for you to hit shuffle? "]
Found that interesting?
Learn more about our services
Make your dreams a reality with a professional evaluation of your career to date.
The evidence is in. More women in your company can deliver 35% greater financial returns. (Catalyst)
Dates for the Diary
JUNE 16 TH 2020 - HOW TO MANAGE REMOTE TEAMS MORE INCLUSIVELY
Corporate Online Lockdown Learning Event - European Patent Office .
Download and listen free podcasts
How to Create an Effective USP What is a USP? Our Unique Selling Point or UVP (Unique Value Proposition) is our key core message about where...read more
How to Rethink the Modern Workplace for Gender Equality New research shows that diversity and inclusion is a top priority for leaders. So why...read more
Menopause in the workplace In this podcast with Nicki Williams award winning author, keynote speaker and Founder of Happy Hormones for Life,...read more
How to Cultivate Empathy in the Workplace Nancy Milton, international business communications expert, keynote speaker and author, share some vital...read more
Taking Care of your COW Tanvi Guatam, international Personal Branding expert says there is a misconception out there that a personal brand is...read more
The importance of Hard Talk Dawn Metcalfe, author of Managing the Matrix and Hard Talk, shares with us tips to achieve the lasting communication...read more
When Does Female Rivalry Turn into Sabotage There’s a lot of stuff written on social media about female rivalry and competition between women. Some...read more
Goal setting tips to boost your career The happiest people are those that really love their jobs. Those that don’t, dread Sunday nights and...read more
Sexism: How to stage a Bystander Intervention in the Workplace In this power coaching podcast, we're going to tackle one of the questions...read more
How to Get Noticed by Head Hunters & Recruiters In this power coaching podcast, we're going to tackle one of the questions asked multiple...read more
Gender bias in networking has long existed, but with these 3 tips you can put an end to it and instead create a more inclusive space for everyone.read more
The minute your image pops up on someone screens people are looking for clues about your personality, your credibility and your competence. A strong online leadership presence is vital.read more
Daily habits to create boundaries during lockdown are vital for a number of important reasons especially to navigate work life balance during confinement. We have to find a way to make that critical separation from our working and professional selves from our other roles for our physical and mental well being.read more