Using LinkedIn to find a New Role
How to be LinkedIn savvy and get yourself noticed
Earlier this week we talked about Facebook for job search - now Sarah Arrow talks about LinkedIn
It goes without saying that you’re on LinkedIn, that you’re connected to your peers, and you’re actively networking in groups. This makes you one of the rare women that network effectively. Learn how to use LinkedIn to find a new role and to take your job search to the next level. Make sure you get the career of your dreams. [Tweet "Get ready to polish up your profile and reach to more people!"] With 99% of head hunters and hiring managers checking out LinkedIn, you really want to make sure that you are highly and professionaly visible. Using LinkedIn to find a new role should be part of your job search strategy. For many women these rules are new.
7 Steps using LinkedIn to find a new role with a knock-out profile
- Write a compelling summary. Capture interest with a summary that tells an engaging story and describes your unique value.
- Showcase your accomplishments. Use the experience section and links to other websites to demonstrate what you can contribute. Quantify your achievements and present your best work samples.
- Optimise your photo. Include a professional-looking photograph that conveys your personality. It's okay to wear a hat on Twitter, but on Linkedin you want potential employers to be able to look you in the eye.
- Customise your URL. Visit the LinkedIn help section for instructions on customising your public profile URL. It will help you to show up sooner in search engine results.
- Pull it all together. These days, it's common to change positions and even careers frequently. Give your profile a once over to ensure that it has a cohesive theme. Check that the details are consistent across different sections.
- Stay updated. Promptly add significant new developments to your profile. Examine your language to remove terms that are becoming overused and add the latest industry buzzwords.
- Create a Slide deck on Slideshare and integrate it into your profile. In a sea of bland, this will stand out on your profile.
Knowing your way around the world's largest professional network gives you an advantage in today's competitive job market. Build that stand out profile to find a new on LinkedIn, because if you don’t, another smart woman will. Today using LinkedIn to find a new role is no longer an alternative option. It is a vital part of your career planning.
Download our free E-Book on for tips for busy women on how to make the most of LinkedIn
Found that interesting?
Learn more about our services
Make your dreams a reality with a professional evaluation of your career to date.
The evidence is in. More women in your company can deliver 35% greater financial returns. (Catalyst)
Dates for the Diary
September 17th Latham Watkins Brussels 1200
In-house corporate event
Inclusive Leadership Workshop
September 20th EIGE Vilnius 0900
How to combat sexism in the workplace
Peer review of EU booklet authored by Dorothy Dalton
September 30th BD Foundation Webinar with Dorothy Dalton (online)
Topic: Leading with Emotional Intelligence
October 3rd JUMP Hub Brussels
Gender equality: how to build an attractive employer brand without falling into the trap of “gender washing”
Infrabel, rue de France, 9, 1070 Brusells
Open registration : http://jump.eu.com/hub-sessions/gender-equality-build-attractive-employer-brand-without-falling-trap-gender-washing/
October 15th NEHRA Event at AXA Brussels
Best Diversity and Inclusion Practices
October 22nd and 23rd Unleash Conference Paris
Open registration: https://unleashgroup.io
Download and listen free podcasts
How to Create an Effective USP What is a USP? Our Unique Selling Point or UVP (Unique Value Proposition) is our key core message about where...read more
How to Rethink the Modern Workplace for Gender Equality New research shows that diversity and inclusion is a top priority for leaders. So why...read more
Menopause in the workplace In this podcast with Nicki Williams award winning author, keynote speaker and Founder of Happy Hormones for Life,...read more
How to Cultivate Empathy in the Workplace Nancy Milton, international business communications expert, keynote speaker and author, share some vital...read more
Taking Care of your COW Tanvi Guatam, international Personal Branding expert says there is a misconception out there that a personal brand is...read more
The importance of Hard Talk Dawn Metcalfe, author of Managing the Matrix and Hard Talk, shares with us tips to achieve the lasting communication...read more
When Does Female Rivalry Turn into Sabotage There’s a lot of stuff written on social media about female rivalry and competition between women. Some...read more
Goal setting tips to boost your career The happiest people are those that really love their jobs. Those that don’t, dread Sunday nights and...read more
Sexism: How to stage a Bystander Intervention in the Workplace In this power coaching podcast, we're going to tackle one of the questions...read more
How to Get Noticed by Head Hunters & Recruiters In this power coaching podcast, we're going to tackle one of the questions asked multiple...read more
Conscious inclusion means not just creating initiatives, but creating a culture where people can speak out and raise awareness of unacceptable behaviour.read more
Most of us have been on a road-trip at some point, but you may be surprised to learn what leadership skills the road can teach you.read more
The male-coded workplace is defined by several characteristics that discourage female participation, and career fear is at the heart of it.read more