9 Ways to Communicate on LinkedIn
The best ways to communicate on LinkedIn
Earlier this week we talked about Using LinkedIn to find a New Role – Now use my 9 top tips on how to communicate on LinkedIn
- Multiply your connections. Start with your personal contacts, from your current supervisor to your hairdresser. Play around with the people and company searches on LinkedIn to discover more possible connections and start conversations with the people you meet. Read: How to block and report inappropriate contact on LinkedIn
- Personalise your invitations. [Tweet "Unique invitations promote conversation."] When you ask people to connect with you, refer to details like where you met or interests that you share.
- Collect endorsements. Endorsing someone on LinkedIn is as easy as clicking on one of their skills. Brighten someone's day by giving them a well-deserved endorsement. They'll often give you one back.
- Seek recommendations. Recommendations have more impact than endorsements. Consider who can give you the most persuasive testimonials.
- Ask for introductions. Similarly, your contacts can provide referrals and introductions to people you want to get to know. Thank people for considering your requests and be gracious if they decide to decline. Read: LinkedIn – Should I connect with people I don’t know?
- Prepare for interviews. LinkedIn is a great resource for finding information on companies and staff members. You may discover that you went to the same high school as the person interviewing you. These connections are worth knowing beforehand. Read: Using LinkedIn to find a New Role
- Continue your education. Take a look at who LinkedIn designates as the influencers in your industry. Read the latest news about relevant products and management trends.
- Share your expertise. At the same time, [Tweet "LinkedIn provides a forum for expressing your own viewpoints."] Post updates on conferences you attend or explain a technical topic you’re knowledgeable about.
- Join groups. Groups are one of the most popular features on the site. Participate in discussions and ask thought-provoking questions.
Found that interesting?
Learn more about our services
Make your dreams a reality with a professional evaluation of your career to date.
The evidence is in. More women in your company can deliver 35% greater financial returns. (Catalyst)
Dates for the Diary
September 17th Latham Watkins Brussels 1200
In-house corporate event
Inclusive Leadership Workshop
September 20th EIGE Vilnius 0900
How to combat sexism in the workplace
Peer review of EU booklet authored by Dorothy Dalton
September 30th BD Foundation Webinar with Dorothy Dalton (online)
Topic: Leading with Emotional Intelligence
October 3rd JUMP Hub Brussels
Gender equality: how to build an attractive employer brand without falling into the trap of “gender washing”
Infrabel, rue de France, 9, 1070 Brusells
Open registration : http://jump.eu.com/hub-sessions/gender-equality-build-attractive-employer-brand-without-falling-trap-gender-washing/
October 15th NEHRA Event at AXA Brussels
Best Diversity and Inclusion Practices
October 22nd and 23rd Unleash Conference Paris
Open registration: https://unleashgroup.io
Download and listen free podcasts
How to Create an Effective USP What is a USP? Our Unique Selling Point or UVP (Unique Value Proposition) is our key core message about where...read more
How to Rethink the Modern Workplace for Gender Equality New research shows that diversity and inclusion is a top priority for leaders. So why...read more
Menopause in the workplace In this podcast with Nicki Williams award winning author, keynote speaker and Founder of Happy Hormones for Life,...read more
How to Cultivate Empathy in the Workplace Nancy Milton, international business communications expert, keynote speaker and author, share some vital...read more
Taking Care of your COW Tanvi Guatam, international Personal Branding expert says there is a misconception out there that a personal brand is...read more
The importance of Hard Talk Dawn Metcalfe, author of Managing the Matrix and Hard Talk, shares with us tips to achieve the lasting communication...read more
When Does Female Rivalry Turn into Sabotage There’s a lot of stuff written on social media about female rivalry and competition between women. Some...read more
Goal setting tips to boost your career The happiest people are those that really love their jobs. Those that don’t, dread Sunday nights and...read more
Sexism: How to stage a Bystander Intervention in the Workplace In this power coaching podcast, we're going to tackle one of the questions...read more
How to Get Noticed by Head Hunters & Recruiters In this power coaching podcast, we're going to tackle one of the questions asked multiple...read more
Men opting out of mentoring women suggests that it is women who are at fault, rather than mens behaviours. This is a leadership failure that needs to be addressed.read more
The age-old debate around gender quotas still prickles feathers today, but have they gone too far? Or should we be stricter in implementing them?read more
Conscious inclusion means not just creating initiatives, but creating a culture where people can speak out and raise awareness of unacceptable behaviour.read more