Ten reasons why image and impact matter for personal career success and your organisation’s performance
Why you need a positive image and impact
Image and impact are both essential aspects to focus on for personal career success, as well as to improve your organisation’s performance.
Attention paid to personal image and impact is often disregarded as a ‘nice to have’ or even worse, unimportant. However, ignore it at your peril. Even if you’ve been in your industry a long time, have all the possible qualifications and a bucket load of experience, pay attention.
Are you unsure of the impact your image is making? Take 3Plus International FREE Executive Presence Self-Assessment to find out more.
Here are 10 reasons why:
- We need to relate to others to achieve success.
- We gain a first impression of one another in less than 10 seconds.
- A negative first impression is very hard to reverse.
- As much as we may try not to, we all make a quick assessment of what we think of someone. It comes from our basic friend-or-foe human instinct.
- Incongruent words and body language lead to a lack of trust, whereas body language is judged as more truthful.
- Many people have a lot of the relevant qualifications and experience, so positive stand out is required.
- When people respond positively to us due to a positive image, it boosts our self-confidence so the ‘cycle of success’ continues.
- Positive image and impact is the gateway to someone getting to know, like and trust us. These are all essential for building relationships and professional success.
- People are the face of an organisation. Their image needs to communicate the brand values of the organisation.
- If someone can’t communicate themselves positively, can we really trust them to do a good job for us? The subconscious does make that link…
What impact do you have on others? What could you work on to be positively memorable in a busy world – for your career success and for your organisation’s performance?
Think your image needs a freshen up? 3Plus can help you to maximise your professional image with our Introductory Professional Image Consultation.
Found that interesting?
Learn more about our services
Make your dreams a reality with a professional evaluation of your career to date.
The evidence is in. More women in your company can deliver 35% greater financial returns. (Catalyst)
Dates for the Diary
23rd January 2020 - How to build an employer brand that attracts and retains women.
In-house corporate workshop , Brussels
Download and listen free podcasts
How to Create an Effective USP What is a USP? Our Unique Selling Point or UVP (Unique Value Proposition) is our key core message about where...read more
How to Rethink the Modern Workplace for Gender Equality New research shows that diversity and inclusion is a top priority for leaders. So why...read more
Menopause in the workplace In this podcast with Nicki Williams award winning author, keynote speaker and Founder of Happy Hormones for Life,...read more
How to Cultivate Empathy in the Workplace Nancy Milton, international business communications expert, keynote speaker and author, share some vital...read more
Taking Care of your COW Tanvi Guatam, international Personal Branding expert says there is a misconception out there that a personal brand is...read more
The importance of Hard Talk Dawn Metcalfe, author of Managing the Matrix and Hard Talk, shares with us tips to achieve the lasting communication...read more
When Does Female Rivalry Turn into Sabotage There’s a lot of stuff written on social media about female rivalry and competition between women. Some...read more
Goal setting tips to boost your career The happiest people are those that really love their jobs. Those that don’t, dread Sunday nights and...read more
Sexism: How to stage a Bystander Intervention in the Workplace In this power coaching podcast, we're going to tackle one of the questions...read more
How to Get Noticed by Head Hunters & Recruiters In this power coaching podcast, we're going to tackle one of the questions asked multiple...read more
Conference swag bags no longer feel like a welcome gift, and instead tend to feel like a waste of resources and effort. Here are some tips to improve them.read more
Make your employer brand attractive to women so that you can attract the top potential candidates.read more
We use it casually every day, but now we need to work out the best social media etiquette for professional use. Remember, your whole reputation could be gone with just one click.read more