Why when you go into business alone, ‘cost ‘ can be the hardest word
How cost can stop you in your tracks
It can’t just be me, can it? Generally speaking in life I’m pretty vocal. On politics, fairly opinionated. On subjects that I love (the kids, ballet, cooking) you can’t really stop me.
And then begins the headache of quoting.
[Tweet “So how do we put a value on our work as a consultant or freelancer?”]
No wonder this is so tricky.
Finding the confidence
1. Research what other people in your industry are charging and get a sample of their work/service offering if you can and compare yours
2. Ask some very close trusted clients for their honest feedback on your pricing – this can be a very revealing exercise
3. Carry out a survey asking what people would pay, with some defined pay bands for your type of service
4. Charge premium rates for express, more challenging or added value services
5. When you send a quote, place it in a professional quote/proposal template that reinforces the rationale behind your costs, the benefits of using your service and client testimonials.
To develop your self-confidence now Contact 3Plus now!
Found that interesting?
Learn more about our services
Make your dreams a reality with a professional evaluation of your career to date.
The evidence is in. More women in your company can deliver 35% greater financial returns. (Catalyst)
Dates for the Diary
8th March 2021 IWD "How to create a career and networking strategy for career success” Highquest Partners - Corporate event
We have Remote Learning Programs available
Check out our exciting portfolio of offerings to support your business in upskilling and competence building for your teams, to address the unprecedented challenges that women face in this new totally a digital world.
Download and listen free podcasts
Donna Svei shares a new tool for resume keywords that offers a fresh approach to a regular question she faces from job seekers
Many managers resist delegating and need control but if you wish to free up brain space then delegate and hand over.
What is the future for women in STEM? Companies and organizations have begun seriously preparing for the future of women in STEM through outreach programs targeting talented young women While women have often taken on the role of innovator throughout history,...