Ten reasons why image and impact matter for personal career success and your organisation’s performance
Why you need a positive image and impact
Image and impact are both essential aspects to focus on for personal career success, as well as to improve your organisation’s performance.
Attention paid to personal image and impact is often disregarded as a ‘nice to have’ or even worse, unimportant. However, ignore it at your peril. Even if you’ve been in your industry a long time, have all the possible qualifications and a bucket load of experience, pay attention.
Are you unsure of the impact your image is making? Take 3Plus International FREE Executive Presence Self-Assessment to find out more.
Here are 10 reasons why:
- We need to relate to others to achieve success.
- We gain a first impression of one another in less than 10 seconds.
- A negative first impression is very hard to reverse.
- As much as we may try not to, we all make a quick assessment of what we think of someone. It comes from our basic friend-or-foe human instinct.
- Incongruent words and body language lead to a lack of trust, whereas body language is judged as more truthful.
- Many people have a lot of the relevant qualifications and experience, so positive stand out is required.
- When people respond positively to us due to a positive image, it boosts our self-confidence so the ‘cycle of success’ continues.
- Positive image and impact is the gateway to someone getting to know, like and trust us. These are all essential for building relationships and professional success.
- People are the face of an organisation. Their image needs to communicate the brand values of the organisation.
- If someone can’t communicate themselves positively, can we really trust them to do a good job for us? The subconscious does make that link…
What impact do you have on others? What could you work on to be positively memorable in a busy world – for your career success and for your organisation’s performance?
Think your image needs a freshen up? 3Plus can help you to maximise your professional image with our Introductory Professional Image Consultation.
Found that interesting?
Learn more about our services
Make your dreams a reality with a professional evaluation of your career to date.
The evidence is in. More women in your company can deliver 35% greater financial returns. (Catalyst)
Dates for the Diary
8th March 2021 IWD "How to create a career and networking strategy for career success” Highquest Partners - Corporate event
We have Remote Learning Programs available
Check out our exciting portfolio of offerings to support your business in upskilling and competence building for your teams, to address the unprecedented challenges that women face in this new totally a digital world.
Download and listen free podcasts
Donna Svei shares a new tool for resume keywords that offers a fresh approach to a regular question she faces from job seekers
Many managers resist delegating and need control but if you wish to free up brain space then delegate and hand over.
What is the future for women in STEM? Companies and organizations have begun seriously preparing for the future of women in STEM through outreach programs targeting talented young women While women have often taken on the role of innovator throughout history,...