This VIP coaching series is ideal for anyone who feels dazed bothered and bewildered after the events of the past two years and you are trying to find your purpose . Or maybe you’ve felt like that for even longer. Perhaps it’s still going on for you.
I’ve created a programme “Build success habits to find your purpose”
I’m not a fan of language like your dream job!
This customised programme involves taking your inner work to the next level and turning your ideas into action, with a goal focused plan to make it happen.
This coaching is based on Cognitive Behaviour Coaching, interwoven with elements drawn from Ikigai.
What is Ikigai?
Ikigai is a Japanese concept that means your ‘reason for being.’ ‘Iki’ in Japanese means ‘life,’ and ‘gai’ describes value or worth. Your ikigai is your life purpose or your bliss. It’s what brings you joy and inspires you to get out of bed every day.
This has been reconstructed in the West to suggest that Ikigai can be used as a method of finding your dream career.
The Westernised version of ikigai suggests you’ve found your “dream career” when your career includes these four qualities:
- What you love
- What you’re good at
- What the world needs
- What you can be paid for
Venn diagram courtesy of Ikigai Tribe.
In the West we are used to defining success in monetary terms but it can definitely be linked to belonging a word now being used in the workplace.
I prefer to use the term in the sense that it involves doing a professional activity that aligns with your purpose and something that brings you a sense of contentment and well-being as part of your daily life.
You can also have more than one way of finding your purpose with a combination of activities. It doesn’t have to be linear or focused on one thing. It is a feeling only you can recognise.
It leaves time for other purposeful activities and relationships including self-care habits.
We will look at how you can take charge of some of the key barriers to make your vision a reality:
- Identifying your core values and beliefs and making sure everything you do is aligned with your vision. Participants can take a Values and Action test.
- Identifying key relationships and activities which bring a sense of fulfilment and looking at what you can work on.
- Identifying what is holding you back. Reframing negative thoughts and behaviours which interfere with making progress.
- Strategies to stay focused and on-task to prevent procrastination if applicable.
- Learning strategies to handle your emotions, the value of the 6 second pause and the Cognitive Behaviour SPACE technique
- Understanding the importance of gratitude and appreciation.
- Building a “success station.”
- Building your success habits and integrating them into your daily routine and action plan which will be customised to address your needs
Additional sessions optional
- Practical elements of career management including CV and LinkedIn profile update, networking and job search strategy.
This is especially helpful for anyone looking into a career pivot or even a major transition.
This is a one-on-one coaching programme of either 3 or 5 x 90-minute sessions via Zoom, plus online support between sessions and for 3 months after the programme has finished.
Participants will be given pre-session exercises mainly self-reflection and deep thinking which can be hard if you’ve never done this before.
Later in the year I will be organising small group coaching programmes for those of you who want to find your purpose.
I offer a 30-minute complimentary call to assess our needs.